Friday, January 23, 2015

Elements Relfections

Think Past:
Before watching Hunting The Elements, I knew a moderate amout about atoms and elements. I knew that every atom had a proton, neutron, and electron. I also knew that ions have positive or negative charge and isotopes are different versions of an element because they have a different number of neutrons. I knew that the nucleus of an atom is very small to the scale of an atom. I knew that the elections were so small and fast, that all you can see in an electron microscope is just a small cloud surrounding the nucleus. I also knew that some atoms swap electoms, which can cause a big explosion. I knew that if you split a uranium or plutonium atom in half, it would cause a chain reaction and cause a big explosion.

Think Present:
I learned a lot from this video. I learned that atoms are highly organized and have distinct properties. I learned about atom decaying and radioactivity and learned about how people think carbon dating works. I also learned some atoms are willing to share electons more than others. Overall, I learned a lot from this video about atoms and elecments.

Think Future:
I will pit this knowledge to use someday. This will better help me understand how the world works and answere some of me curiosities. I'm not interested in science in the future, but it is pretty cool to know new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment